After releasing the final version of Firefox 25,Firefox releases the latest build Firefox 26.0 beta 1.
Whats new in this release?
- All plug-ins, with the exception of recent Flash plug-ins, are defaulted to ‘click to play’.
- Password manager now supports script-generated password fields.
- Updates can now be performed by Windows users without write permissions to Firefox install directory (requires Mozilla Maintenance Service).
- Support for H.264 on Linux if the appropriate gstreamer plug-ins are installed.
Changes in this version
- Support for MP3 decoding on Windows XP, completing MP3 support across Windows OS versions.
- CSP implementation now supports multiple policies, including the case of both an enforced and Report-Only policy, per the spec.
- Social API now supports Social Bookmarking for multiple providers through its SocialMarks functionality.
- There is no longer a prompt when websites use appcache.
- New App Manager allows you to deploy and debug HTML5 webapps on Firefox OS phones and the Firefox OS Simulator.
Fixes in this version
- When displaying a standalone image, Firefox matches the EXIF orientation information contained within the JPEG image.
- Improved page load times due to no longer decoding images that aren’t visible.
- AudioToolbox MP3 backend for OSX.