If you don’t have unlimited internet plan this is a must read.In order to control the data usage or for monitoring the data usage you can use NetWorx – Free Bandwidth Monitoring and Usage Reporting software.This software is easy and simple to configure.
Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 8
32-bit and 64-bit.
I am explaining here how to set daily limit for your internet connection.
1.Select Quota option from the lower right section of task bar as shown below.
2.After selecting “Quota” in step 1 click on the “Setup…”button.
3.You can see “Setup Quota” in which you can select daily/weekly/monthly/last 24 hours limit according to your choice then click “OK” thats all.Here I have set a daily limit of 40 MB as shown below.
4.After using 82% of 40MB you can see a dialog as shown below.
5.Thats it now you can see data usage without logging into service portal of your ISP.
Still having doubts in setting the limit?
Tell your doubts in the comment section.
Overoll features of this software Download speed,upload speed can also be seen with this software.
- Clear graphic and/or numeric display.
- Usage reports with export to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Works with dial-up, ISDN, cable modems, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Includes network information & testing tools with advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity exceeds a certain level.
- Speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
- Dial-up session journal with detailed information about every session.
- Be notified about excessive Internet usage.